In-Person Childbirth Preparation Classes at RAMC
Saturday Childbirth Classes
- 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Feb 9, May 4, Aug 10, Nov 9
- Cost $30
Prepare for your personal childbirth journey with us!
This class is designed for families expecting their first baby or parents who have not attended childbirth classes before or in many years. Through a combination of discussion, videos, and activities you will gather Information about the following:
- Normal childbirth
- Labor coping techniques, comfort measures, relaxation skills and breathing patterns and how Dad/partner can help
- Common labor variations and interventions, including cesarean birth
- Information on medication/anesthesia for pain relief and cesarean birth
- Newborn care and basic car seat information
Basics of Breastfeeding covering confident start, latching, breast pumps and pumping, tips for success and more. This class is included in the Saturday Childbirth Class, or may be taken on it's own for $10.
Sibling Support and Grandparent Education
Please call the Birth Center at (608)768-6251 to set this up.
Waiting for Baby DVD
This DVD discusses the importance of waiting at least 39 weeks for delivery. We encourage you to view this DVD at some point in your pregnancy. It is only 20 minutes long and can be viewed at RAMC Physicians Group, the Birth Center, or through this link. If you plan to take Prepared Childbirth Class, it will be shown at that time.
We look forward to serving you!