RAMC Exceeds Quality Benchmarks
Consistent improvement is a hallmark of care and Reedsburg Area Medical Center is delighted to report a series of successes when it comes to quality measures.
We partner with a group called Great Lakes Partners for Patients Hospital Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN), an organization committed to providing resources for Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin hospitals to improve quality scores. Specifically, goals include a reduction of hospital-acquired illnesses (HACs) by 20 percent and readmissions by 12 percent from 2014 numbers.
Our report indicates advancement across the board:
- In all 16 categories in which RAMC could be measured, we achieved four, the highest possible score (a “four” ranking means “reduction goal achieved and sustained improvement for most current six months of data”)
- Out of the 80 hospitals surveyed, only two other hospitals met a level of quality similar to ours
- Areas of excellence include:
- A reduction in adverse drug events relating to opioids
- Reduced catheter-related urinary tract infections
- Significant decrease in readmissions
- Reduction in surgical site infections
These scores are a major achievement—one we could not celebrate without noting the commitment, care, and excellence of our employees and staff. We are honored to bring unsurpassed service and care to our patients and proud of the people who work toward these things every day.